Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Girlfriend

Oh how I love my girlfriend.

She is always there for me. Yet she understands when I can’t be there for her.

We go out on a date every Friday night - almost without fail. She has yet to cancel on me. But if I can’t make it, she won’t complain. From time to time, she will just sweetly remind me of the joy that I have missed.

Unlike other girls, I don’t have to put effort to look good for her. She will never express that kind of dissatisfaction. She wants me and loves me just the way I am.

Even though others might protest that I spend “too much” time with her, she is never upset when I spend time with others.

We can do almost anything together. We can kick a ball around for hours or just go for a stroll in the park. We can compete or just play for fun, she is happy either way - as long as I am with her.

Though most girls push for “alone” time, my girl loves to hang out with my friends. And when I want some time alone with her, she will never say no.

She never interrupts me in a conversation or when I’m working. She is never asking too much or expecting more than I can give. She knows that I love her and that I will seek her whenever I can.

Let me silence some critics before they think they have all this figured out. My girl is as pure as gold, as precious as silver and as spotless as snow. She has hard and fast boundaries, rules and guidelines that she would never allow anyone to cross. I respect her dearly for that. Everything must be done in its proper time. She is so beautiful.

Oh but alas, the summer has ended and winter is approaching. My girlfriend will soon need to leave me. Though we will be apart only for but a short while, I know it will feel like forever. She will return, but till then I will miss her and she will miss me.

This letter, then, is my token of gratitude to her.

To my girlfriend whom I love with all my heart - the beautiful game of soccer

With Love,

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home